So, as you know we are in the process of moving, which involves using up the entire contents of ones fridge before leaving. Using what we had, I happened upon a dish that was quite yummy, and very simple, and fairly quick.
- 1-2 tsp. olive oil (I used more but I used way too much)
- 1 pressed garlic clove
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/2 pint (about, adjust to you’re liking, what you have) cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 frozen bag of brussels sprouts steamed (or cooked according to package) halved
- 1 box Rice A Roni (the San Francisco treat): long grain and wild rice
- Parmesan cheese to top it
Cook the Rice A Roni according to package but only use half the package of flavoring. Set aside.
Heat (on medium) olive oil in pan and add pressed garlic clove and onion. After a min or two add in the halved cherry tomatoes and turn up the heat just a little bit. Give it two more minutes and then add in the brussels sprouts, mix, and continue cooking for another minute before adding the rice.
After spooning out a bowlful remember to top with Parmesan cheese! (Don’t be shy.)
Oh yeah, my cooking space for this dinner…